Monday, July 7, 2008

New Music: Pelican



Listen now on Last.Fm



What can I say about this band. I think they've opened my eyes to what Rock can become. Sometimes they can be soft and sometimes they can be hard. I found the band on last.fm which is probally one of the only ways I would have heard this band. I cant really imagine ever hearing them on the radio with three of the songs lasting around 11 minutes. From these guys you wish every song lasted that long.



From the opening notes this whole album seems like it could be a soundtrack to every movie I've ever loved. They are an instramental band, so comparing the to soundtrack music is not that far off the mark.I do enjoy soundtrack music so its' a big compelment coming from me. Like a good book this album can take you someplace else its some place far away from where are now and it's someplace you'd like to go to again. Give it a shot and let me know what you think.

No comments: