Thursday, December 20, 2007

More Mental Ray

So seriously I'm starting to like mental ray for the first time in a long, long, time but then I find something that just makes me so mad. Mulitpass rendering, which is one of the most important things in production, just doesnt work in maya 2008. I'm not talking about those render layers. That's a whole other post. I'm talkin about rendering the beauty, and then saving files for all the elements that make up that render. Apperently the new mia_x material support it.. but because of how backwards maya is you cant get the passes out with out sacrificing a goat. Seriously who lets this kind of stuff happen. I wish they could just fix so many little issues in maya. How easy would it be to include backburner for maya? That should have been done day one of the buyout and it still hasnt happened. Crazy. 

No comments: